Wednesday, June 16, 2010

First NAAAP-Seattle College Scholarship awarded to Stacy Huynh


Stacy Huynh is a native of Seattle, Washington and a proud UW Husky. She recently graduated from the University of Washington with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration - Accounting and will be continuing her education in the UW's Master of Professional Accounting Program for Audit & Assurance this Fall.

Stacy shares her thoughts on being a scholarship winner, on NAAAP-Seattle, and on where she would like to vacation.

1) How do you feel about being the first-ever recipient of this NAAAP scholarship?

I am extremely honored to be chosen as the first-ever recipient of the NAAAP College Scholarship. I truly admire that NAAAP-Seattle is doing more to help Asian American students develop professionally and by creating a scholarship for graduate school, NAAAP is pushing us to achieve even more. I hope this scholarship continues long into the future.

2) How did you hear about the scholarship and about NAAAP?

I first learned about NAAAP through my connections as the 2009-2010 Asian Student Commission (ASC) Director at the University of Washington. My predecessor and I were both students at the UW's Foster School of Business and we discussed the need for some program or event that would address contemporary issues of Asian Americans on professionalism and achieving our education and career goals. He was the one who first told me about NAAAP and then throughout the year, I received weekly e-newsletters from NAAAP's Seattle chapter and would eventually work with the Student Relations Chair to organize an ASC Networking Night. I hope that ASC continues to work with NAAAP so that the two organizations can work together in helping Asian students at the UW meet their post-college goals.

3) If you had $1000 to spend on anything non-school related, what would it be?

Part of the $1,000 would definitely go to my family because I would not have earned any of my achievements without their love and support. I would also use some of the money to help fund backpacking trips through Europe and Asia. If there is anything left, I would either put it in a savings account (this is the Accounting major in me) or donate it to a worthy cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment